A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

To Spades! To Spades!

*msn: I am not a maggot anymore. Now I am a hermit crab called MonetManetWannabe.



The following is a true story and was based on real people and real events.


Today I strode purposefully (and hurriedly - I was late) along the dusty road from Sunderland to Babel, thinking deep and meaningful thoughts and feeling hungry.

Subito, (‘suddenly’ in Latin. I used Latin because to start a sentence with ‘suddenly’ seemed so clichéd).

*ahem*

Subito, I was stopped in my tracks by a literal wall of sound. It was horrible. Loud, and piercing, a squally squeal that filled the air.

Looking around, at first, I saw nothing.

And then, out of the proverbial corner of my eye, I saw:

A window, half-ajar, in a nondescript, oldish building.

And beyond; pots of green, trembling with every ululation of the undying wail that filled the air.



*gasp*



Mandrakes!



I scuttled away as quick as I could with hands clapped over my ears.

I knew I should have bought those fluffy pink earmuffs I saw in Melbourne Central.







Again, this is a true story. Perhaps it is hard to believe that the Botany faculty is breeding Mandrakes. Perhaps, you say, that the sound was too electronic-y to be the Mandrake’s legendary cry. Perhaps, you say again, that it had something to do with the loudspeaker-shaped formations sticking out from a building within the vicinity.

Well, then, suit yourself. Thou hast been warned. I can do no more.

3 Comments:

  • I am defenseless. Strike me down, and let your journey to the RP side begin. Hahahahaha. *receives lightsaber from Force Pull* RAAAAAAAAAHHHH *slice* *lightsaber contract sound* *drop*. I can't remember if this is from the movie or from a game or from a book. Anyway, yay, RP!

    By Blogger Gemynd, at 18 May, 2005  

  • But it is a true story, not RP!!! TRUE STORY!!!!! :o( Why won't anybody beliiieeeeeveeee meeee...

    Anyway, thanks for the invite.

    :oP

    By Blogger me me me, at 18 May, 2005  

  • Can you picture my eyes rolling to the back of my head?!

    By Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng, at 19 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home