A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Friday, May 13, 2005

How much is that doggie in the window? (part 2)

-part one-

*msn: The answer no longer matters.

Today I went to Melbourne Central again (for the 5th or 6th time). And like every other time, I half-expect to see him gone.

(The other half of me secretly hopes that the staff there will notice my devotion and simply gives him to me, because “they can see how much I love him.”)

But it never really seemed possible that he could be gone because he belongs to me.

……

Yeah, he’s gone.

I even went up to the counter and asked them if by any chance he was just being kept “someplace else”, and got two pitying looks in return.

(At this point, the secret half of me then hoped that, a la Enid Blyton, I would arrive home to find that Boyfriend had secretly purchased him as a surprise.)

He didn’t (didn’t really expect him to).

I did get a hug though, and not a single word of “Yeah well, of COURSE someone would have bought him” for which he gets a gazillion brownie points.

……

But dammit, I’m still sad.

* * * * *

p/s: on a brighter note though, today my blog reached 100 visitors. I know it’s small, but it’s a start.

p/s2: It’s Friday the 13th.

p/s3: I’m not superstitious.

p/s4: Except about the number 4.

p/s5: Just noticed p/s4 was about the number 4. And 1 + 3 = 4.

p/s6: I need sleep.

2 Comments:

  • trust that Mr.Melbourne.central.Doggie is now in good hands and in a happy home. That should make you feel much happier *hugs*

    By Blogger Me, at 13 May, 2005  

  • sigh cheer up dearie.... you'll get really cute dogs to care for later on when you've got your own adult life... :)

    By Blogger Kev-The-Old-Man Leng, at 14 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home