A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Friday, April 22, 2005

Affirmations MY way.

*msn: I want to lie on the floor, stare at the ceiling, cigarette in one hand, beer in another, let the music flow 'n the world go by..

I have spent my entire life wishing I was someone else.

Not a whole someone else, per se, but more like, bits and pieces of people.

Like sweetheart with her gorgeous hair and bohemian chic, or super-sophisticated amoeba (see links).

Or almost-Miriam and the way she doesn’t take Lizzie for granted, like I do Boyfriend sometimes.

Or Boyfriend, and how he always knows the right thing to do, and does it.

Or my irresistible honey tea and her undying charm.

Or the quick-tongued ice queen and how she doesn’t need to change to like herself.

Or, (and most of all) my wonderful, precious, Sylvia, who is possibly everything I want to be. The sad thing is that she feels she’s crap most of the time, which…is just sad.

Or the clichés:

Lean and lithe, tiny wisp, slender and tall; mass of curls, hair like a waterfall, pixie-cropped; eyes like the sky, twin-set emeralds, limpid pools of black; flame-haired, hair of gold, raven beauty; milk-white skin, peaches-and-cream, pale and blue-veined, apple-cheeked and freckled;

The heart of gold, the flawless mind, the gentle touch, the crooked smile; the kindest, cleverest, most devious, most honest, the fairest of them all.

…………………….

I’m not.

I’m just me.

And you know what? It’s time I actually wanted to just be the person that I am. Because that’s the only one who matters.

It has to end today. Today I will stop wishing for longer legs, or bigger eyes or fairer skin, or better brains.

Today, and forever, I will remember and I will try to and I will be happy.

Just, to be me.

4 Comments:

  • Well, be like me then...the great one..loving myself everyday...feeling so good....so happy...and nothing to worry...

    Like they say,

    Friends (Check)
    Money (Check)
    Fame and Popularity (Check)
    Career (Check)
    Charisma (Check)
    Nice car (Check)
    Personality (Check)
    Charity (Check)
    Power (Check)
    Property (Check)
    Loving my parents & sister (Check)
    Honesty (Check)
    Dean's List (Check)
    Sports (Check)
    Knowledge (Check)
    People Loving Me.... You damn right CHECK!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 April, 2005  

  • Eh, people, don't take my comment too literally, that was my alter ego...people should give themselves the credit that they deserve...don't be so pessimistic...someone once told me, "Self promotion is the most powerful tool you'll ever own" ....so people..be like ME!

    Friends (Check)
    Money (Check)
    Fame and Popularity (Check)
    Career (Check)
    Charisma (Check)
    Nice car (Check)
    Personality (Check)
    Charity (Check)
    Power (Check)
    Property (Check)
    Loving my parents & sister (Check)
    Honesty (Check)
    Dean's List (Check)
    Sports (Check)
    Knowledge (Check)
    People Loving Me.... You damn right CHECK!
    Modesty (Who cares...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23 April, 2005  

  • Haha, good on you dudette, just don't start changing the definition of 'ME' in the future...

    ME = Jennifer Anniston and her gorgeous smile,
    ME = Coffee and it's sweet aroma

    etc etc, u know what i mean.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 April, 2005  

  • haha darling, you're COMPLETELY paradoxical!! and that's EXACTLY what keeps u interesting n makes u antzy Tan, superwoman of the century. dont ever change, babe =)

    By Blogger Me, at 24 April, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home