A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Sunday, April 17, 2005

These are the days..

*msn: Can’t win, don’t try. – Bart Simpson

This is how I have been feeling the past couple of days:

-turtle-

Well there SHOULD be a picture of a turtle there, and I have spent collectively over 6 hours downloading and installing software to ensure there WOULD be a turtle there, but the software has steadfastly refused to work (why do you think it took 6 hours ? Dial-up is not THAT slow) and so you’ll just have to use your imagination.

I have a blogpad !! It’s a recycled-paper lecture pad I have decided to carry around with me so I don’t forget the hundred and one things I keep intending to blog about but which never fail to elude me when I finally do sit down to write.

-blogpad-

Right, there SHOULD be a picture of…AURGH !!

La la la la la…

I am a GENIUS.

Earlier today, my heater decided, spitefully, to stop working. (SO WHAT if I’d just dropped it on the floor ? It’s carpeted. Jorrs.)

Basically the propeller had dropped off its little stick that connects it to the motor (I’m no engineer) and for some peculiar reason, the manufacturers had decided to make it in such a way that it was unopenable except by someone who actually knew what they were doing. (Suddenly the reason doesn’t seem so peculiar.)

Anyway…

I FIXED IT ! Aha. Ahahahahahahahahaha. With nothing but a pair of tweezers and a bright desk lamp.

And my parents said I’d never amount to anything. HAH.

Movie of the Day

Watched Lion King last night with Boyfriend. He has seen all three American Pies, has zillions of VCDs in his house, and is perhaps the 3rd greatest movie expert I have ever known, but he has NEVER SEEN LION KING.

Tsk tsk. Kids nowadays.

Word of the Day

mangel-wurzels

Definition:

man·gel-wur·zel )(mnggl-wûrzl)

n.

A variety of the common beet having a large yellowish root, used chiefly as cattle feed.

Last read in:

“The Public Confessions of a Middle-Aged Woman” – Sue Townsend

Weird Dinner of the Week (you only get one dinner a day)

(in order of appearance and consumption)

  1. 1 glass of milk
  2. 3 carrots and complementary amount of chocolate chips (for baking)
  3. barley-gingko-foochuk tong sui (thanks to housemate)
  4. cold roast chicken (left over from Monday)

*Note: carrots and chocolate chips are meant to be eaten TOGETHER as in put-in-mouth-at-same-time-and-chewed-together together. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

News of the Day (domestic)

I have a new haircut ! With a bang-y fringe ! It’s all the rage you know. Just look at the O.C.

*preen*

News of the Day (foreign)

As if anything could be more important than my haircut. Hah. Well apparently Britney Spears is pregnant, and Eva Longoria may be playing Wonder Woman.

So sue me, I haven’t read a newspaper in ages. :oP

Australian paedophiles have been banned from tsunami countries.

More proper stories at www.theage.com.au

Discovery of the Day

Fish only tastes nice hot. Especially the eyeballs.

Quote of the Day

“Ivanhoe is a story about a Russian farmer and his tool.”

-- Bart Simpson, ‘Marge Gets a Job’

I love the Simpsons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home