A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Thursday, September 22, 2005

For Mum

Whose birthday is today, yet never seems to age.

Whom I always thought the most beautiful person in the world - and still do.

Who always thought me beautiful too, especially when I felt ugliest.

Who tried so hard to hold on to me, when I tried to pull away.

Who lets me hold on hard now, never letting go.

Who laughs three times at every joke, haha.

Who cannot cook, but tries her best for us.

Who cannot sing, yet sang to me.

Who read to me when I couldn’t, and filled my world with the books that became my life.

There are many, many things I remember, but the first and clearest memory is this:

Of how, when I was very young, I used to wake up before she’d leave for work, just to watch her go, and then I’d roll myself up in her discarded clothes and breathe her in to stop from missing her so much.

This is the fourth year that I’m away from her on this day.

I’d give anything for a shirt.

Happy birthday mum, wishing I was there.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home