A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I may be, but I wish I wasn't

Tonight I heard nothing new.

Laughter jarring in familiarity, same old same old tales.

I’d heard these jokes before, these thoughts, these words.

“Ah? Lost near those kind of people ah? Sure gone adi lah!”

“You know lah, they everything also steal lah! Bloody ******s!!”

Cue the broken bottled hilarity, the cracked and knowing smiles.

And once upon a time I might have laughed along, and, worst of all, I might again some day.

But tonight all I could think about was the times when people spoke to me in simple words (for simple minds, you see). When they were mean, and rude, and ignorant, and didn’t even care. When someone cursed and hated me for simply being what I am.

And I could barely keep from yelling, both at the raucous laughers and at myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home