A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Today

*msn: The Unbearable Lameness of You

Today was a day of blusteriness, and a bad day to go out without a windproof jacket.

Today I leaned on thick air.

Today I felt almost Gorgon, as my hair turned into millions of tiny, stinging whips.

Today I cursed eye-length bangs.

Today I tried to walk while closing my eyes against the mote-filled gusts.

Today I failed and kept them open to watch errant wisps of cloud, like the floaty offspring of cotton bundles, whirl and whee(!!) their way across the sky.

Today flags and banners smacked and thwacked in their snapping bid for freedom, or in faint and ancient longing for masts and the highest seas.

Today my eyes felt pitted and roughened raw, with corners grit-stuffed and smarting.

Today was quite possibly the worst of days to carry large, stretched plastic bags, unwieldy yet un-weighty.

Today was a brightly-sunny, fiercely-windy day.

And it was fun.

2 Comments:

  • OooOooOoOo, someone's got a fan. And 5 advertisements. By the way, thanks for the date. We should do it more often.

    By Blogger Gemynd, at 30 August, 2005  

  • Today i got blown away (literally) and had to cling to a pole for merciful grip.

    By Blogger Me, at 31 August, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home