A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nothing more than

Mental flashbacks may be bad enough, but emotional ones are simply frustrating in their utter lack of substance. Feelings hit me out of the blue, sourceless and fleeting. Stabs of sudden longing, but for what? Momentary elation, twinges of fragments of feelings I can’t even begin to describe. (One was something like how [not what] you feel when running fingers over wet plates, and that’s just the start.)

It’s like when you get snippets of tunes in your head, but can’t quite remember the song, and before you can try, you’ve forgotten the melody, and you spend the rest of the day humming tonelessly to yourself.

They aren’t memories; there are no accompanying visions, and it isn’t even déjà vu.

No, they are little prods to the heart, spontaneous flickers of “Now why did I feel that? Hang on, feel what? Oh shit”.

And they’re driving me MAD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home