A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A picture’s worth a thousand words

And the subject of this one:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

makes me very, very happy indeed. (a thousand times so!)

*msn: Haaaaaary Potter, Harry Potter, Harry Potter, Haaaaaaary Potter, Harry Potter Potter YEAH!

I am trying to read it at a positively dribbly speed and not, you know, inhale it like I would normally do. Just so I can make it last as long as possible, and the gratification at the end of all that abstaining will be all the better.

A friend said it was like saving sex for after marriage, a notion I pooh-poohed. Books are obviously better. They last for hours.

(And are always up for seconds…or even thirds.)

On the subject of pictures, however, while transferring images from my digital camera to my woefully overstuffed laptop (480 MB remaining is quite dire, I think), I realized I had taken eighty-four pictures in three days.

Considering I only went out twice in those three days, and then only to a lunch and a dinner with no sight-seeing whatsoever, this worries me.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I have subconsciously taken to taking as many pictures as possible in desperate hopes that a few of them, at least, will be worth the effort, time, and hard drive space.

Well an ‘A’ is always good, even if it’s just for trying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home