A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Amoeba Shan’s Musical Baton

*msn: Depressing myself is fun! - Neil Gaiman is COMING TO MELBOURNE. Oh my God oh my God oh my God...*toes curl*

Would I be exaggerating if I said I could not live without music? No. Without it, there would be a whole world of emotions I would never know. So fittingly, the following is my very first-est meme. (if that’s what it’s called.)

Total Volume of Music files on my computer:

4.68 Gb. (would be more if I had broadband…*sigh*…)

The Last CD I bought was:

I…urm…don’t buy CDs. Not for myself anyway. Last one I bought was Jamie Cullum’s…something…for my brother.

However I CAN tell you the last song I downloaded (can yeah can yeah?): Smells Like Teen Spirit, the Tori Amos version.

Song playing right now:

The Servant - Cells

5 songs I listen to alot or that mean alot to me:

The ones I listen to a lot change often enough that the list should not be taken seriously for more than a week after publication. Means a lot, however, lasts years. Not going to make the distinction here though, so have fun figuring it out. :oP

Joseph Arthur – Honey And The Moon

Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger

Westlife – Queen Of My Heart

Bread – Aubrey

Dishwalla – Every Little Thing

AND MORE...

Sting – Fields Of Gold

David Gates – Goodbye Girl

Oasis – Stand By Me

Oasis – Don't Go Away

Simon & Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water

Roxette – Fading Like A Flower (and a lot more)

Keane – Somewhere Only We Know

R.E.M. – It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Hootie and the Blowfish – Let Her Cry

Sam Phillips – If I Could Write (and if anyone has this in mp3 format I’d be eternally grateful if you’d send it my way)

Hoobastank – The Reason

Evermore – It’s Too Late

Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah

Wyclef Jean – Wishing You Were Here

Missy Higgins – Ten Days

Paul McCartney – Maybe I'm Amazed [corrected]

Evanescence – My Immortal

Little Birdy – Beautiful To Me

Rusted Root – Send Me On My Way

Third Eye Blind – I'll Never Let You Go

Saliva – Rest In Pieces

Peter Gabriel – Book Of Love

Gin Blossoms – Hey Jealousy

Creeper Lagoon – Under The Tracks

John Denver – Annie's Song

Adam Sandler – I’ll Grow Old With You (from Wedding Singer)

Aqua – We Belong To The Sea

Beach Boys – California Dreaming

Beth Orton – Roll The Dice

Blessed Union Of Souls – I Believe That Love Will Find A Way

Counting Crows – Holiday In Spain

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Okay I have to stop here, because I’ve basically started going through my playlist (hence the sudden alphabetization) and trying my best to pick out a few songs here and there but I can’t!! I just can’t!! There are too many. Each song on my hard drive is there because I like/love it and most of them mean something to me to some degree or another.

Anyway I really doubt that looking at a list of songs I like is going to help you understand/compartmentalize me in any way (Nicky will attest to that I’m sure) so if you’re looking for song recommendations, just ask okay?

5 people I’m passing the baton to:

Vee Vien

Nicky

Kevin

Gemynd RP (because he has the most insane list of singers/bands in his Friendster profile)

Angel-la (because I’d like to see an update on her page, haha)

6 Comments:

  • Song recommendations? Movies are more my thing.

    However, song of the moment :

    Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime.

    Another song I've always found touching is that father daughter song from The Wild Thornberries movie.

    Need I stress that song aren't really my thing? =op

    By Blogger Vee, at 15 June, 2005  

  • Hee, hee hee. I'm blushing. But seriously, Beatles - Maybe I'm Amazed? You either got the title wrong or that wasn't sung by the Beatles. I don't have to double-check, their songs are ALL in my head :P (I'm just being an idiot, the song was by Paul McCartney, not the Beatles as a group.) Yay, I get a link! Tee hee hee hee.

    By Blogger Gemynd, at 15 June, 2005  

  • Yes you are being an idiot, and I DID know it was sung by Paul McCartney (thanks to a certain episode of Simpsons) it merely slipped my mind.

    *glare*

    By Blogger me me me, at 15 June, 2005  

  • And by the way, you two, you're supposed to copy and paste and do the same thing on your blog (if you WANT to that is) not just make vague/nasty comments. :oP

    By Blogger me me me, at 15 June, 2005  

  • I...honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

    =op

    By Blogger Vee, at 16 June, 2005  

  • Now only do i know what the heck a meme is. And no, i'm not going to write one. :p. Here's a song I recommend you try: system of a down's song- chop suey. It will either give you a headache or make you swear off rock songs. hehe. Study!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home