A Unilinguist: As if I don't talk enough in real life..

Friday, July 07, 2006

De Nile Is Not De Lethe

Cramps (and you know the type I’m talking about) are odd, and awful, when they’re so bad you can’t tell if you’re hurting because you’re full or because you’re, you know, emptying. And so you eat more, because you wouldn’t want gastric pains on top of it all, and anyway you’re bleeding so normal calorie-counting doesn’t, haha, count because you actually need to replenish, and it’s not just giving in to cravings. And of course your pants won’t fit, you’re retaining water, it’s normal (as is the extreme use of italics, both written and spoken).

Haven’t written lately because mum’s here, and she’s leaving too soon (“too soon” being anytime after she arrives, really) so I’ve been spending all time possible with her because, because I can’t stop thinking, I've tried, I've tried and I can't, that one day (too soon) she’ll leave, and she won’t be coming back.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home